Author Topic: Will there be another Siobhan Dunmoore story?  (Read 454 times)

Eric Thomson

• Supreme Ruler of my Universe
  • Administrator
  • Hi there!
Will there be another Siobhan Dunmoore story?
« on: January 10, 2021, 10:49:00 AM »
I'd say it's looking increasingly likely, especially since I've already designed a cover and have the inkling of a storyline germinating in the back of my mind. It looks like I'll be picking up her story several years after the war, when she faces involuntary separation from the Service after being passed over for promotion too many times, a not uncommon fate for those officers who rose in rank quickly during the conflict only to face severely diminished promotion opportunities in a much smaller peacetime Navy.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 11:05:25 AM by Eric Thomson »

Jayme

Re: Will there be another Siobhan Dunmoore story?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 08:08:16 AM »
Very glad to hear it, just starting the 6th book and will definitely be looking for more!

Eric Thomson

• Administrator
  • Hi there!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 09:30:57 AM »
Very glad to hear it, just starting the 6th book and will definitely be looking for more!

Glad that you're enjoying the series!

Cheers

Jayme

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
I love the series. I'm very happy to have found it. The sf book universe is a hard one to navigate with so many sub genres to choose from. I've had to sample many authors. As all good books do, these ones lead me to unexpected places and interests both in your stories and in my life. As a fan and fellow Canadian I thank you.

tboomer46

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 01:08:24 AM »
No "fitted and retained" for Dunmoore, eh? Well, she'll find a way, she always does! I'm still hoping for some version of that joint task force... Can't wait.

Bavarian Barbarian

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 06:21:25 AM »
Eric - Are you planning to re-visit the storyline from Book 3 of the cycle "Like Stars in Heaven"? The "Planet of the Lost Humans" as Brakal calls them. Since there is no mention in the Ashes of Empire cycle perhaps not in the Siobhan Dunmore cycle, but it could be an interesting development in the Ashes of Empire cycle. A third power besides Wyvern and Lionesse.

Best Regards - Manfred

Eric Thomson

• Administrator
  • Hi there!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 07:41:28 AM »
Eric - Are you planning to re-visit the storyline from Book 3 of the cycle "Like Stars in Heaven"? The "Planet of the Lost Humans" as Brakal calls them. Since there is no mention in the Ashes of Empire cycle perhaps not in the Siobhan Dunmore cycle, but it could be an interesting development in the Ashes of Empire cycle. A third power besides Wyvern and Lionesse.

Best Regards - Manfred

I hadn't really thought about checking in on them again, but that could be an interesting idea at some point. Thank you.

Tmon

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 11:55:52 PM »
Looking forward to reading the next novel!

I'd say it's looking increasingly likely, especially since I've already designed a cover and have the inkling of a storyline germinating in the back of my mind. It looks like I'll be picking up her story several years after the war, when she faces involuntary separation from the Service after being passed over for promotion too many times, a not uncommon fate for those officers who rose in rank quickly during the conflict only to face severely diminished promotion opportunities in a much smaller peacetime Navy.